WOI-TV is currently seeking an administrative assistant to provide support for the Vice President /General Manager. The qualified candidate must have the knowledge, skills and abilities to offer competent, proactive service in an ethical and professional manner. The right candidate should have an ability to exercise considerable judgment, initiative, discretion, and independence with limited supervision, while meeting strict deadlines under pressure. Strong, solution-based communication skills and an ability to prioritize and organize will be essential in the everyday tasks required of this position. An ideal candidate should possess a degree or equivalent experience in Human Resources, Business, Communications or related field, and be familiar with MS Office applications.
- Updating Program Files- contracts and renewals
- Correspond often with syndicators and other departments regarding various program issues
- Serve as key contact for off-site business and traffic departments regarding AP/AR, Human Resources, and programming issues – fax/scan/email daily.
- Perform office management duties, ie. Copy, fax, sort and distribute mail, maintain supplies inventory, manage the purchase orders and process invoices and expense reports.
- Manage employee's files, vacation/sick balances, and administering the standard human resource protocol for new hires.
- Minor payroll duties – timesheet organization, tracking, and submission for all employees
- EEO obligations – job postings and reports with the FCC
- Assist as needed with the maintenance and proper organization of Public File
- Assist as needed with filing Children's Programming Reports with the FCC and making sure all departments are following the FCC guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Human Resources, Business, Communications or related field
- 2+ years of administrative experience assisting a VP/GM
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong solution-based communication skills and ability to prioritize and organize
- Ability to meet strict deadlines under pressure
- Strong math skills
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment, initiative, discretion, and independence with limited supervision