The Sales Manager is responsible for leading the day to day operations of the Sales department, including development of new business and achievement of revenue goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides leadership for the broadcast/web sales teams, to include performance evaluations.
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees.
• Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, national, eMedia and new product revenue.
• Drives new business development.
• Manages inventory and revenue forecasting.
• Manages recruitment and development of talented sales professionals.
• Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures.
• Manages Accounts Receivable.
• Calls on accounts with Account Executives.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Minimum three years' experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Sales Manager must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.