Administrative Assistant and HR/Payroll Coordinator
Department: Burlington, VT
Employment Type: Full Time
The Administrative Assistant and HR/Payroll Coordinator provides a full range of administrative and clerical support to the Vice President/General Manager and other station personnel, while serving as the liaison between station personnel and the corporate office for matters related to payroll, benefits, employee relations, employment and training.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provides administrative and clerical support to the Vice President/General Manager and other station personnel.
· Serves as the primary point of contact for station personnel for matters related to payroll, benefits, employee relations, employment and training.
· Trains and supports employees in their use of the computerized timekeeping system.
· Prepares and submits payroll change notices to notify the corporate payroll team of changes in employee statuses.
· Works with the corporate payroll team to resolve discrepancies in employee time records.
· Receives and distributes corporate and station communications tostation personnel.
· Maintains personnel records for the station.
· Coordinates the onboarding of new hires.
· Point of Contact, Liaison with Accounting Office for coordination of vendor invoices/expense reports ensuring Dept. Head approval, Account Coding, GM approval. Ensures Purchase Orders and related documents are included. Coordinates these tasks for the station, sending invoices to Rochester for processing.
· Provides word processing services.
· Manages calendars and appointments for GM.
· Maintains files and records.
· Composes correspondence and prepares documents for transmission, mail and/or distribution.
· Performs photocopying and other document production services.
· Performs other clerical functions as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
· High School diploma. Associates Degree, preferred
· Fluency in English.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
· Minimum three years experience in clerical support or administrative assistance, preferably in the broadcast industry.
· Experience with ADP payroll system products is preferred.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Administrative Assistant must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Administrative Assistant must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds. In addition, the Administrative Assistant must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required.
|Apply Now Return to Jobs Page|