Local 24 and CW30, the Nexstar Broadcasting duopoly in Memphis, is searching for a sales SUPERSTAR! This is a great place to be and our people love to work here. If that's the kind of atmosphere that you want, then you need to be armed with creativity and a "can do...go get'em, never say die" attitude everyday. We provide the tools and environment to achieve an unlimited income. You just need to be ready to offer the best ideas and creative solutions across our television and digital platforms. We need the next member of our team to bring brilliance, ability, passion and commitment.
• Develops new and non-traditional revenue through consistent and creative prospecting.
• Meets with customers, listens and assesses their needs, and provides customized, creative and successful marketing solutions which produce results.
• Provides clients with ideas utilizing both broadcast television and online products.
• Enhances revenue through the development of new client base by utilizing station marketing and research resources; this responsibility includes developing ideas, building and presenting solutions, selling local promotions and sponsorships, and proactively merchandising all station properties.
• Services existing agencies and direct client businesses by utilizing station marketing and research resources; this responsibility includes developing presentations, negotiating business, selling local promotions and sponsorships, and proactively merchandising all station properties.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by station management.
• Minimum 2 years sales experience; College degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience using psychographic research and/or other marketing research tools is helpful. Computer literacy with MS Office is required.
• The ability to work as a team player is an essential attribute.
• Creativity, flexibility, and ability to change with our industry are also keys to success.
• Strong communication skills and customer service skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
• Current valid driver's license and excellent driving history required.
• This position directly reports to a Local Sales Manager.